|Event name:||ITI Theme Night - Prof. Ricardo Faria Almeida|
|Event description:|| |
ITI Theme Night - Université Liège - Thursday 28th of November 2019
Ricardo Faria Almeida DDS, MSc, PhD
- Master in Periodontology in the Complutense University of Madrid (1999-2002).
- Doctor in Dental Medicine by the Bucofacial Surgical and Medicine Department of the Complutense University of Madrid (2004).
- Full Professor Department Oral Surgery and Medicine in Oporto University – Faculty of Dentistry
- Invited Professor of the Master in Periodontology - Complutense University of Madrid, University of Lisbon and BPP University London.
- Directive Board of the Portuguese Dental Association
- President of the Scientific Committee of the Portuguese Dental Association
- President of the Continuous Education Board of the Portuguese Dental Association
- Former President of the Portuguese Society of Periodontology and Implants and Portuguese representative at the European Federation of Periodontology
- Former Iberian Educational Delegate of ITI (International Team Implantology).
- Author of publications and lectures in Portugal and other Countries (JCP, JP, COIR, JPR) and (Europerio 6, ADA, Quintessence, Osteology, ITI World Symposium)
Biological and Aesthetic complications around implants. How can we manage it?
The implant treatment is nowadays a predictable treatment, with high survival rates. Anyhow, it is not free of complications.
The most challenges complications around dental implants are the biological and aesthetic complications because they are directly related to the unsuccess of the treatment in terms of the patient’s perception.
The purpose of this lecture is to discuss the different approaches to both complications.
We will divide the presentation in two parts:
First part: we will discuss how to deal with the peri-implant diseases and to evaluate critically the evidence available to support the different proposed therapies
Second part: we will present the most important factors that we must control to avoid the aesthetics problems and also how to manage the aesthetic problem in an integrated way, in a surgical-prosthodontics approach.
|Event start:||Nov 28 2019 15:30|
|Event ends:||Nov 28 2019 19:30|
|Venue:||Chateau de Colonster|
|Address:||Allée des Erables, 1|
|Region:||wallonne, Région (fr)|
|Organization:||Belgium & Luxembourg|
|Event Owner:|| |