The ITI Online Academy Website ("Academy Website") and its contents/services ("Academy Content") are provided by the ITI Foundation, represented by ITI Headquarters, henceforth referred to as "ITI".
Access to the Academy Website is provided free of charge. Academy Content is, depending on its nature, provided free of charge, against purchasing Academy Credits or by unlocking Academy Points.
The ITI seeks to ensure that the information published on the Academy Website is up to date and accurate. Answers given by users/experts to questions from other users/experts, do not constitute legal or professional advice from the ITI.
Object of Agreement
These General Terms and Conditions govern the access and use of the Academy Website. With registration the user accepts these General Terms and Conditions which form integral part of the agreement.
Online registration is available through our Academy Website (http://academy.iti.org/).
The user's submission of the online registration is an offer to enter into an agreement with ITI for the use of and access to the Academy Website. Within one business day and after verification of the submitted registration data, the user's ITI Online Academy account will be activated.
Users can request termination of their account at any time and without indicating a reason. Upon termination, the ITI is responsible for clearing all user data from the Academy Website.
Limitation of Warranty and Liability
The contents offered on the Academy Website are for educational purposes only. Although they are based on conclusions of the ITI Consensus Conferences and are subjected to a peer-review process, they represent the opinions of the authors. The information contained in the Academy Website cannot replace an individual assessment by a clinician, and its use for the treatment of patients is therefore in the sole responsibility of the clinician.
While the ITI is making great efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, we make no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on this Academy Website and disclaim any liability for the use of the Academy Website or any website linked to it. The ITI may change the Academy Website at any time without notice but does not assume any responsibility to update it. All users agree that all access and use of the Academy Website and its content and on any website linked to from this Academy Website and the content thereof is at their own risk. No warranty or guarantee of resolution of problems is expressed or implied with any information on the Academy Website. In no event shall the ITI, its employees, associates or members, or any user/expert of this site, be liable to any person or individual for any loss or damage whatsoever that may arise from the use of this site or any of the information available on this site. Any information or advice is to be applied at the user's discretion.
The inclusion of or reference to a particular product, method, technique or material relating to such products, methods, or techniques on the Academy Website does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of the values, features, or claims made by its respective manufacturers.
The Academy Website and the Academy Content provided through it are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. The ITI disclaims to the fullest extent permissible by law, and you waive, all warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, or statutory, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. The functions, materials and content of the Academy Website are not warranted to be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, and the ITI makes no warranty that the information on the Academy Website will be accurate, current or reliable or that the quality of any products, services, information or other material purchased or obtained by you through the website will meet your expectations. The ITI disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, misdelivery, or untimely delivery of any information or material. You assume the entire risk of loss and damage due to your use of the Academy Website, including but not limited to the cost of repairs or corrections to your hardware or software. ITI shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access, use or inability to use this Academy Website or any website linked to from this Academy Website, or any errors or omissions in the content thereof.
Availability of Services
The ITI does not provide you with access to the Internet or the equipment necessary to access the Internet or the Academy Website or Academy Content. You are responsible for the fees charged by other parties to obtain access to our Academy Website and Academy Content (e.g. internet service provider or airtime charges) and for providing the equipment necessary to access the Academy Website and Academy Content. From time to time the ITI may modify, suspend or discontinue any of the services offered on the Academy Website without notice to you. The ITI shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of services on the Academy Website. The ITI may establish certain policies and practices concerning use of the Academy Website and Academy Content, including without limitation the number of days that any items will be retained on our systems. The ITI has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure of any content maintained by our services. The ITI reserves the right to change its practices and policies at any time.
Comments posted in Academy Content discussions do not necessarily reflect the views of the ITI or the views of any other person on the Academy Content forums.
Links to Third-Party Websites
This Academy Website may include links to third party websites. Such links are provided for navigational convenience and provide a link to third party websites that are not under the control of the ITI. Whilst ITI checks the links for suitability and initial availability, we cannot guarantee the availability or content of such sites, as they may change over time. ITI do not express any opinion on the content of any third party website and expressly disclaim any liability for all third party information and the use of it.
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement") derives from the ITI principles. By accessing or using the Academy Website, you agree to this Statement.
- Users will not post any false personal information on the Academy Website, or create an account for anyone other than themselves.
- Users will not use their personal profile for commercial gain (such as promoting and/or selling products).
- Users will keep their contact information (email and country of residence) accurate and up to date.
- Users will not share their password, let anyone else access their account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of their account.
- Users will not transfer their account to anyone.
- Users will not post any confidential or proprietary information.
- When reporting or referencing a post on another site, users will provide a link to the original post or story.
- When relevant, users will identify their affiliation with a third party/commercial entity and their area of interest.
- Users will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on the Academy Website.
- Users will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access the Academy Website, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers).
- Users will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on the ITI Online Academy.
- Users will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as pyramid schemes, on the Academy Website.
- Users will not further their own personal or private commercial interests via the Academy Website.
- Users will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes or any promotion on the Academy Website.
- Users will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- Users will not solicit log-in information or access an account belonging to another user.
- Users will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- Users will not upload or post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- Users will not use the Academy Website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- Users will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of the Academy Website, such as a denial of service attack.
- Users will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
- Users will not post content or take any action on the Academy Website that infringes or violates the rights of another individual or otherwise violates Swiss Law.
- All mentioned ITI trademarks are owned by ITI or the ITI Foundation. Users will not use ITI trademarks, or any confusingly similar trademarks, without the ITI's or ITI Foundation's prior written permission.
If ITI believes that a user is breaching the letter or spirit of this Statement or otherwise is creating possible legal exposure for the ITI it may at its sole discretion disable the user account. The ITI will notify the user by email directly or the next time the user attempts to access his/her account.
Collection of Information
The ITI collects the following technical information from visitors/users: IP-address, browser configuration, referral page time/type of system requests, including all wallet transaction data.
The ITI collects the following personal information from users in order to register them for the Academy Website: first/middle/last name, email address, title, and areas of interest/specialization. When registering, users must provide a password. ITI Online Academy accounts cannot be created if any of the above information is not provided to the system.
All clinical data (e.g. texts, images, videos) uploaded or submitted to the Academy Website are voluntary and shall not include personal information and images relating to patients ("Patient Information") that is not anonymous, unless informed consent has previously been obtained from the patient in writing. In no event shall the ITI, its employees or associates be liable to any person or individual for any loss or damage that may arise from Patient Information being uploaded that is not anonymous.
Users control the purpose for which their clinical data and Patient Information is used on the Academy Website. The ITI stores clinical data and Patient Information on behalf of users, but will not use clinical data and Patient Information for its own purposes. Users' contribution will only be used as outlined in this Data Protection Policy.
Users agree to indemnify the ITI and keep it indemnified from and against all costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, legal and other professional fees and expenses), losses, damages and other liabilities suffered or incurred by the ITI that arise out of or in connection with a breach of this paragraph by the user.
Use of Personal Information
The ITI uses account registration data to register people as users, to administer the Academy Website and provide users with services available through the Academy Website. The ITI also uses account registration data in order to contact users by email with newsletters and service-related announcements. The ITI may use account registration data to contact users about contents and services that the ITI thinks may be of interest to them and to request user participation in surveys or other activities related to the ITI Online Academy or other projects with which the ITI is involved.
Sharing of Data
The ITI may share the data of users with third parties in that the ITI may use third-party suppliers to host and process data on its behalf, e.g. to host the Academy Website and to maintain the ITI's IT systems. Where the ITI uses a third-party supplier to host or process the data of users on the ITI's behalf, the ITI will ensure that adequate security measures are in place to safeguard users' data.
Content Crowd Sourcing
Academy Website users are given the option to submit clinical content (clinical videos, case reports) for review and official inclusion in the Academy Website. Upon acceptance of such clinical content, the content author grants the ITI the non-exclusive rights of adding and using the content as part of the official Academy Content library and to charge other users for its access. The clinical content will be published under the authorship of the user who provided it and the user will be remunerated for the content based on a separate agreement.
The Academy Website and the information contained and referenced therein are for informational purposes only. Unless stated to the contrary any reproduction, retransmission or other use is strictly prohibited. Request for permission to reproduce any information contained on the Academy Website should be addressed to email@example.com.
Payment and Refund Policy
All payments will be handled via the SaferPay payment service (http://saferpay.com) unless the user has a voucher code.
Access to and use of the Academy Website are free of charge. Some Academy Content is subject to charges and must be purchased with Academy Credits. Users can add Academy Credits to their ITI Online Academy account wallet to purchase site content via the SaferPay payment service.
Users can gift Academy Credits to other users.
Some Academy Content can be unlocked with Academy Points. Academy Points can be obtained through various activities on the Academy Website. The ITI reserves the right to modify the obtainability of Academy Points and the amounts of Academy Points credited for certain activities at its discretion.
Users cannot gift Academy Points to other users.
- Academy Points are not refunded.
- Academy Credits gifted to other users are not refunded.
- Academy Credits bought through SaferPay are not refunded to active accounts.
- If a User requests termination of their account, Academy Credits are refunded but the user loses all unlocked Academy Website content without refund and a processing fee of 75 Academy Credits is applied.
- If a User's account is terminated (account ban) based on a violation of the "Statement of Rights and Responsibilities" listed in this document Academy Credits will not be refunded.
- Academy Credits used to purchase Academy Content that has been erroneously purchased will be charged back to the ITI Online Academy wallet if:
(i) the Academy Content has been purchased in the last 7 days; and
(ii) the user has not requested another chargeback in the last 30 days; and
(iii) the CPD/CME credits have not yet been claimed by the user.
The ITI reserves the right to remove any content or information posted on the Academy Website or disable an account as it deems appropriate or even to stop providing all or part of the Academy Website. Unless otherwise provided in these terms and conditions the user has no claims against ITI due to removal of any content or information posted on the Academy Website, if a user account is disabled or if ITI stops providing all or part of the Academy Website.
Change of General Terms and Conditions
ITI has the right to change the General Terms and Conditions at any time at its sole discretion. Any changes to the General Terms and Conditions will be notified to the user by email or in another appropriate manner (online). By continuing to use the Academy Website and the Academy Content the user accepts the notified change in the General Terms and Conditions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This agreement and all disputes including those concerning any statute of limitations, set-off claims, tort claims and interest claims, are governed by the laws of Switzerland, excluding its conflict of laws rules.
Any dispute, controversy or claim arising under, out of or relating to this agreement its valid conclusion, binding effect, interpretation, performance, breach or termination, including tort claims, shall be referred to and finally determined by the ordinary court of Basel-City, Switzerland.
ITI General Terms and Conditions, Version 1.0 (October 1, 2014)